ITU AbsorbTech is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our Maintenance Team on 2nd shift in South Bend, IN. This individual will work under the direction of the Plant Manager. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining industrial laundry machinery. An ideal candidate will be able to work from blue prints, electrical schematics, operational manuals, and manufacturer's specifications. In addition to this, the candidate must be able to troubleshoot mechanical devices, and preform general maintenance operations. A successful Maintenance Technician is a team player who values safety as much as the company does - which is our #1 priority.
12:00 pm-8:30 pm; Monday-Friday
What you'll be doing:
• Troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and machinery to diagnose equipment performance problems.
• Repairing electrical equipment while following safety procedures and guidelines
• Performing all preventative maintenance as defined in work instructions
• Disassembling devices to remove defective parts, using material handling equipment, powered industrial trucks, hand tools and power tools.
• Inspecting potential defective parts to detect wear and failure.
• Inspecting suspect used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
Education and Experience:
1-3 years' related experience in maintenance or mechanical repair is required, or equivalent in related experience. Associates' Degree (or current enrollment in a technical school) in Facilities Maintenance (or similar) is preferred.
Our Benefits include:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• 401k with a company match (50% on the first 6% of your income)
Check out our careers: http://www.ituabsorbtech.com/careers/
About ITU AbsorbTech
ITU AbsorbTech, headquartered in New Berlin, WI, is one of the largest family-owned industrial laundry service companies in the nation with 13 locations throughout the US. And we are growing rapidly!
We help companies eliminate a waste stream and support safety goals with reuse and recycling programs such as printer and shop towels, reusable oil absorbents, garments, and slip prevention floor mats.
We offer a balanced work environment where Team Play and personal accomplishment are highly valued. In exchange for these talents, we offer competitive compensation, an outstanding benefits plan, a fantastic work culture, and professional development opportunities through AbsorbU, our award-winning training program.
ITU AbsorbTech is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or handicap, military status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.