QR Code Link to This Post
Reunion Office Assistant (Temporary: 7 month term)
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Reunion Office Assistant (Temporary: 7 month term).
Applications will be accepted until 11/1/2019, may be extended if necessary.
The Reunion Office Assistant provides administrative support related to Reunion planning and execution for both Alumni and the Alumni Association (NDAA) staff. This role will begin December 9th, work during the Reunion Weekend (June 4 - June 7, 2020), and end on June 26th after providing post-Reunion support.
Why would I want this job?
It's really fun! You will work with a fun, engaged team on an amazing event! Your role will be to help and support others, including our incredible Alumni. Others who have done an excellent job in this role have moved into permanent roles on campus (though that's not a guarantee) - its a great way to learn more about the wonderful people who support the mission of Notre Dame each and every day.
Support Alumni by providing individual assistance:
- Provide excellent guest service to all alumni
- Answer phone and email questions related to Reunion
- Complete, modify, and cancel registrations upon request (by phone, website, and postal mail)
- Assist Alumni with using myNotreDame for registration, if requested.
- Process refunds as needed.
Support NDAA staff by providing the following:
- Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org email inbox and forward messages as appropriate
- Document trends of registrations, questions from alumni and other pertinent information
- Track daily registration numbers and assist with event reporting as needed
- Provide feedback and suggestions on operational efficiencies
- Assist with the package compilation for Reunion attendees as needed
- Assist in additional tasks as needed.
Participate in and support the Reunion event weekend (June 4 through June 7):
- Staff the welcome desk during check in
- Answer questions from alumni and staff related to Reunion
- Assist in additional tasks (e.g., problem solving, researching registrations), as needed.
Assist with post-Reunion tasks:
- Research and process refunds
- Complete merchandise orders
- Data collection
- Compile final reports
- Update position reference guide
- Other tasks, as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Outstanding guest service skills and mindset.
- Demonstrated professionalism on the phone and in person.
- Evidence of proficient writing skills.
- Proven excellent time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Intermediate-Advanced understanding of MS office suite and Google platform.
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to adjust work schedule when requested (flexible work schedule).
- Extensive experience working in guest service environment.
- Discretion with confidential information.
- Experience working in fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in social media platforms.
- Experience working with myNotreDame/iModules platform.
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S19814. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency