compensation: Based on experience employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking for a career that uses your full potential? Join the Global team and "Raise the Bar" on your career. Use your knowledge and unique skill set to provide high quality maintenance and repairs on a variety of Ground Service Equipment (GSE) at South Bend, Fort Wayne, and Kalamazoo. This opening is mobile - you will drive a Global Aviation truck between the locations and work on everything from simple belt loaders to complex deice vehicles.
Good employees are at the heart of our company. Our customers rely on us to keep their equipment in top working order and to get the most out of their assets. Because of that, we rely strongly on employees who display exemplary traits like: Integrity, Service, Leadership and Eagerness to Grow.
With 300 GSE mechanics serving more than 75 airports, our success relies on us doing quality GSE, fleet and facility maintenance with a sense of "Aviation Industry Urgency" and to abide by our core values of: People First -- Quality Service -- Integrity Always -- Trust Earned.
Come help us "Raise the Bar" - apply today!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Perform scheduled preventive maintenance inspections and unscheduled repairs, diesel engines, air and hydraulic brake repairs, tire repairs, warranty procedures and repairs.
* Diagnose electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems.
* Perform the sequence of operations to remove, disassemble, clean, check, repair, replace, fabricate, install and adjust components on automotive, machinery and ground equipment.
* Use complex troubleshooting, testing and repair equipment such as but not limited to, load banks, impedance bridges, multi-meters and flow meter panels.
* Keep informed on all technical changes related to fleet requirements.
* Minimum 3 years of proven repair experience in the mechanical field.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to read and understand repair manuals, instructions, electrical and hydraulic schematics and codes and instructions on the computer.
* Minimum high school diploma or its equivalent.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Possess at minimum a set of hand tools including a toolbox and multi-function electrical meter.
* ASE Certified and/or military AGE experience preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check that includes employment verification, motor vehicle record (MVR), and school verification. All mechanics must have an MVR that is compliant with our company motor vehicle insurance.
* Lifting ability up to 70 pounds.
* Ability to assume various lifting positions and static postures.
* Ability to kneel, stoop, sit, climb on and lay under GSE.
Depending on the task, you may be required to work indoors in a garage or outside on shop grounds or elsewhere on the field. Be prepared to work around jet fumes and other vehicle emissions. Work with cleaning solvents, paint thinners and other hazardous products in the course of a normal workday.
Schedule to be determined; must be willing to work weekends, holidays and additional shifts as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Shop Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
BENEFITS: Our comprehensive list of benefits gives our employees and their families the flexibility they need.
* Medical Insurance with two plan options (prescriptions included)
* Flex Spending Plan and HSA
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Care
* Life/Supplemental Life (Employee, Spouse, Child) and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
* Disability Insurance (Long-term disability company funded)
* 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
* Wellness/Fitness Benefit
* Educational Benefits
* Smoking Cessation Program
* Vacation -- Sick -- Holiday (Two Floating) -- Bereavement
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME MECHANICS
* Tool Allowance -- Bi-Weekly
* Safety Boot and Red Wing Discount Program - Yearly
* Prescription Safety Glasses Allowance -- Yearly
* Free Uniforms
* ASE Certification Pay Increase Program
* Technical Training
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer through Affirmative Action. Women and Minorities Are Encouraged to Apply. We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and encourage opportunities to hire Guardsmen, Reservists, and Veterans.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers